The PARSTAT 4000A is the latest edition to the PARSTAT line of potentiostats. As modular-design has become a focus within the industry, the PARSTAT 4000A stands alone in its ability to deliver high compliance voltage and wide dynamic current range, as standard, to cover a range of applications. The PARSTAT 4000A builds on PAR's history as the world-leader in DC electrochemical measurements and takes advantage of a common R/D team with Solartron Analytical, the world-leader in Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA) technology, to provide a best-in-class complete system.
Specifically, the PARSTAT 4000A has industry-leading DC Voltage Accuracy, both Applied and Measured. This is advantageous for all electrochemical experiments, whether operating as a potentiostat, galvanostat, or zero resistance ammeter (ZRA). The most common research areas and techniques that benefit from this improved accuracy are:
- Physical electrochemistry and electrochemical sensors -- Cyclic Voltammetry, Chronoamperometry, Chronopotentiometry, and EIS
- Bare-metal corrosion, galvanic couples and coatings -- Tafel, Linear Polarization Resistance (LPR), Electrochemical Noise, and EIS
- Batteries (Li-ion, Li-Air, Zn-Air), capacitors, and fuel cells -- Charge-Discharge, CC-CV, Constant Current and EIS
The new hardware-based, user-selectable Stability Modes further expands the compatibility of the PARSTAT4000A with a range of electrochemical cells and samples.
The PARSTAT4000A now provides a vastly improved Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technique. This is made possible by:
- Advanced calibration routines for overall improved accuracy across the entire range of frequency and impedance
- Faster experiment duration, without sacrificing data quality typically associated with Multi-Sine EIS techniques
- New algorithms that provide increased accuracy of signal amplitude at high frequency
- Increased bandwidth for measurement up to 10 MHz
- Direct connection to energy-storage devices through the MACCOR battery holders eliminate impact from cell cable impedance
The PARSTAT 4000A can measure up to 4-Amps and includes a 40 pA range (1.2 fA resolution). Additionally, options are available to boost the high current measurement to 20-Amps and extend measurements down to 80 fA (2.5 aA resolution).