Materials Lab XM is an application specific XM (Xtreme Measurement) product that is primarily focused on materials research.
The Materials Lab XM product provides a fully integrated reference grade time domain and AC measurement platform. No need to switch sample connections between techniques. Time domain measurements include I-V (current voltage) characterization as well as fast pulse techniques. AC testing techniques include everything from single-sine analysis, to multisine / Fast Fourier Transform for faster low frequency analysis, to harmonics and intermodulation for testing linearity and breakdown of materials. Measurements of electrical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), admittance, permittivity and capacitance are all provided from the XM-studio MTS software platform, together with integrated equivalent circuit analysis functionality.
Time domain and AC tests can be combined in test sequences and instantly switched, allowing DC and pulse waveforms to activate charge carriers, followed immediately by EIS analysis of the activated carriers. This closely linked integration is only with the Materials Lab XM. Measurements include:
- I-V (voltage scans with current measurement - used to characterize electronic and dielectric materials)
- P-E (polarization / electric field - used to run hysteresis tests to characterize ferroelectric materials)
- High-speed pulse (used to activate charge carriers in electronic and dielectric materials)
- Staircase and smooth stepless analog ramp waveforms
- Impedance, admittance, permittivity / capacitance, electrical modulus
- C-V capacitance - voltage, Mott-Schottky
- Automatic sequencing of time domain and impedance/capacitance measurements