Solartron Analytical, specialists in the design of precision impedance test equipment, has joined forces with high temperature Furnace specialists Carbolite, and sample holder specialists NorECS to produce a range of advanced high temperature materials characterization test systems.
The flexible solution for materials characterization...
The system uses a split tube furnace design together with a lab jack that allows easy sample access and positioning. The sample is positioned in a purpose designed sample holder between platinum electrodes that allow testing at very high temperature. Gases may also be applied to either side of the sample for solid oxide applications.
- Development of solid state, solid oxide, superionic, electro-ceramic materials
- Energy applications include SOFC fuel cell and solid state battery
- Aerospace/automotive applications – high temperature insulators, brakes, turbine blades
High Performance Temperature Control
The 129620A furnace with 129621A/B/C sample holders combine to produce a high performance temperature control system with comprehensive test facilities:
- Operating range room temperature to 1200ºC using a precise Eurotherm 2000 series temperature controller.
- Various sample holder configurations are available depending on material requirements – 2 terminal/4 terminal/van der Pauw
- Dual gas supply is available for SOFC type applications
- Controlled atmospheres
- Various sample types can be accommodated, disk, bar etc.
Complete Materials Test Systems
The 129620A high temperature furnace with 129621A/B/C sample holder options may be used together with various Solartron materials test systems to run I-V, Pulse, C-V, Impedance, Mott-Schottky and a wide range of other materials test techniques, fully integrated with temperature control.
- PC software provides fully integrated electrical measurements with temperature control.
- High and low impedance materials can be analyzed depending on the choice of instrumentation and sample holder configuration
- Sample vs. reference and normalization techniques are provided for improved measurement accuracy.
- Wide frequency range from µHz to > MHz
- Wide impedance range to > Tohms