Solartron Analytical, specialists in the design of precision impedance test equipment, has joined forces with cryogenic experts Janis Research Company Inc., to produce an advanced cryogenic materials characterization test system
The flexible solution for materials characterization...
The Janis Research Company customized model STVP cryostat is a versatile research tool, designed to operate between 5 K and 600 K. The sample itself is located in an inert, dry, static exchange gas, (e.g. helium), which ensures that the sample is not affected by exposure to cryogen vapor.
Liquid nitrogen (LN2) or liquid helium (LHe) can be used as the cryogen depending on the required operating temperature range. This allows standard tests to be performed using relatively low cost LN2 as the cryogen. Higher cost LHe can be substituted for the duration of tests where very low temperature is required, providing an economical solution to your test requirements.
- Development of advanced polymer materials
- Pharmaceutical applications including drug delivery and freeze drying
- Semiconductor materials
- Composite materials and coatings
- Display materials
- Aerospace materials
The 129610A is a high performance temperature control system that provides comprehensive test facilities:
- Operates from 5 K to 600 K using LHe and from 78 K to 600 K using LN2.
- The sample is located in a static thermal exchange gas (e.g. dry helium). This provides repeatable tests on materials that otherwise could be affected by contact with cryogen vapor in flowing vapor type systems.
- Solid and liquid sample holders are included for testing a wide range of materials including solids, gels, oils, powders, pastes....
- Sample holders use guard ring techniques to reject "fringing" effects at the edge of the sample.
- High and low impedance materials samples can be accurately tested using two / four terminal sample connections.
- Fast and accurate temperature settling using a dual channel temperature controller (separately controls the main and sample heaters).
- The system operates with continuous flow of cryogen via a transfer line from the dewar.
The unique flexibility of being able to switch between LN2 and LHe ensures that this high performance cryostat system will fit your requirements, now and in the future.
Solartron Analytical materials test systems...
The 129610A cryostat may be used together with any Solartron materials test system to run I-V, Pulse, C-V, Impedance, Mott-Schottky and a wide range of other materials test techniques, fully integrated with temperature control.
- PC software provides fully integrated electrical measurements with temperature control.
- High and low impedance materials can be analyzed depending on the choice of instrumentation.
- Sample vs. reference and normalization techniques are provided for improved measurement accuracy.
- Wide frequency range.
- Wide impedance range.