Maximum applied polarization and compliance 100 V / 100 A
- Frequency range 10 µHz to 100 kHz
- Compatible with Solartron potentiostats including: ModuLab XM ECS, EnergyLab XM, EchemLab XM, SolarLab XM, 1280Z, 1285A, 1287A, 1470E, 1480A and 1470A
- Compatible with Solartron FRAs including: ModuLab XM ECS, EnergyLab XM, EchemLab XM, SolarLab XM, 1250E, 1252A, 1253A, 1255, 1260A, 1455A, 1451A (with appropriate potentiostat)
- Compatible with the following software packages: XM-studio, CellTest®, MultiStat, ZPlot/CorrWare, ZPlot.Lab
- Development of energy sources for laptop PCs, mobile phones and power tools.
- Fuel cell and supercapacitor research for electric vehicle or standby power.
- Battery research including the new generation 42 V lead acid automotive batteries.
- Electrochemical etching and electroplating.
For DC test work, an extensive range of techniques are available for use with these boosters.
- cyclic voltammetry
- ohmic drop
- high-speed voltage/current pulse techniques (e.g. for testing GMS mobile phone and satellite communication energy storage devices)
When used for measuring AC impedance, the following analysis techniques are available depending on the chosen configuration of potentiostat and FRA:
- Swept sine analysis - for ultimate accuracy and repeatibility
- Multi-sine / Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) - for fast impedance analysis
- Harmonic analysis - for optimization of stimulus levels and detection of noise and interference
The frequency range of the power booster is 10 µHz to 100 kHz allowing a wide range of energy storage devices to be characterized over their full frequency range.
These power boosters are fully integrated with the full range of Solartron single and multi-channel software packages. All scaling factors and control issues are taken care of by the software.
High Performance . . .
These power boosters are designed to operate with Solartron single and multi-channel potentiostats.
Choice of Models
- Floating design - enables tests on grounded cells
- Simultaneous DC and impedance tests on short stack fuel cells and individual cells within the stack (depending on potentiostat capability)
- Choice of models with up to 100 V / 100 A range
- 100 kHz impedance measurement bandwidth for SOFC and other high frequency applications
- Automatically controlled by the potentiostat
The following models are available:
| Output Range
+6 V / -2 V, ±100 A
+8 V / -2 V, ±50 A
+10 V / -2 V, ±60 A
+12 V / -3 V, ±20 A
+24 V / -3 V, ±10 A
+50 V / -3 V, ±5 A
+100 V / -3 V, ±3 A
+50 V / -3 V, 0 to -25A
** High power charge / discharge models
* Discharge mode only, for fuel cell tests, maximum power 125 W
Others are medium power charge / discharge models